The Chinese Embassy and Consulates legalize (or authenticate) documents which are executed in Sweden and will be used in China. Type of documents include: birth/death certificates, power of attorney, marriage certificates, diplomas, adoption application papers, business license, etc.
(2) Procedures for legalization:
Step One: Signed and notarized by a Swedish Notary Public;
· Official documents with stamp and official original signatures,like Personbevis,Certificate of Registration and so on,can be directly sent to Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs for legalization.For more information,please visit:http://www.government.se/government-of-sweden/ministry-for-foreign-affairs/document-legalisation-by-the-judicial-office/
· Kammarkollegiet-authorized translator can do Swedish-Chinese translation.For the list of translators,please visit:www.kammarkollegiet.se/english/interpreters-and-translators/search?lang_from=sve&lang_to=kin&user_lang=en
Step Two: Legalized by Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs
· Document containing more than one page must be properly binded, ie sticker-sealed by Notary Public or Ministry for Foreign Affairs
Step Three: Legalized by Chinese Embassy in Sweden or Chinese Consulate General in Gothenburg (depending on where you are located. Those who live in south-western 7 provinces of Sweden, i.e. Västra Götland, Halland, Värmland, Jonkonping, Kronoberg, Skåne, Blekinge, their application should submit to Chinese Consulate General in Gothenburg ).
(3) Requirement of application for Legalization by the Chinese Embassy:
- completely filled one Legalization Application Form;
- notarized and legalized document, both original and photocopy;
- applicant's passport photocopy; and
- copy of the company registration certificate if legalization is for company's use
(4) Useful address of Notary Public Office and Legalization Office
-- Notary Public Office
Suggest to search the web or look in the Swedish yellow pages under "notarius publicus" to find the notarial official nearest you
-- UD Legaliseringsexpeditionen
Ministry for Foreign Affairs
Phone :+46 8 405 51 00
Visiting address:Malmtorgsgatan 3 A, Stockholm
Address:SE-103 39 Stockholm
Telephone hours:Monday-Friday, 9.00-11.00 a.m.
Visiting hours:Monday-Thursday, 9.00-11.00 a.m.
-- Chinese Embassy in Sweden
Chinese Embassy in Sweden
115 27 Stockholm
Visiting hours: 09:00-11:30;Telephone hours:14:00-16:00
(Monday-Friday, except public holiday and Chinese holiday.For Chinese holiday leave, please pay attention to Notice from the Embassy.)
(5) Mail Service
For mail service you need to submit the following documents:
a Completely filled one Legalization Application Form; and
b Original document to be legalized and its photocopy; and
c Application fees paid (including an extra of 40 kr for mail handling fees) by cash ; and
d A pre-paid, self-addressed recommended return envelope.
Please kindly note:
a Do put down your mobile number in the Legalization Application Form, in case that Chinese Embassy might contact you;
b International mail service is NOT available;
c Express service by mail is NOT available.
(6) Application Fees for Legalization
Express for 2-3 working days
Express for 2-3 working days